Friday, February 13, 2009

It's spring!


It’s spring in my head since the crocuses started to bloom on our windowsill. According to my “sowing-calendar” February is fine for getting the first seeds into the soil. Spinach, garlic, lambs’ lettuce and rucola are all ready to taste the fresh earth.
I spend a day building a cold frame and prepare three sowing beds to give my veggies a good start. Arnold thinks that our neighbors will now start worrying about our mental health – since my Dutch garden book doesn’t mention the option of having a freezing cold February with 20 cm snow….

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG, you are so funny!
Keep up the good work, spring will come, eventual...

Greetz from a very very snowy piece of slovakia. And a BIG thanks to our neighbours...stuck in the snow, lada niva is NO tractor. *grin*

BIG hug!
Bien